Development Team Lead - Job summary
The Development Team Lead is responsible for leading the IT systems development team in Ireland. This person will:
* Direct and coordinate the team in the development and delivery of software across the company.
* Motivate and engage the team
* Train and Develop the team
* Continuously improve the team and the processes
* Undertake Technical lead duties
* Liaise with vendors
In return the successful candidate will receive a generous benefits package and the opportunity to develop their career in a Development Team Lead Role.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Lead the Delivery team, providing leadership and direction in goal-setting, coaching, staffing and motivating a team
* Proactively leads the team of developers and suppliers to deliver high quality products with minimal defects.
* Hold responsibility for their team's compliance with established coding standards, project, quality, and change management policies.
* Drive delivery through the implementation of external software products and internal services integration and/or development. Augmenting the permanent team with third-party professional services, outsourced development, and consultants where appropriate.
* Ensure that developments are supported by cost-effective technical processes.
* Undertake Technical Lead activities providing guidance on overall solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas, bug issue tracking and resolution, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the project
* Develop an active & innovative role in the department.
Knowledge & Experience
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Development team leader role - leading and managing a team of technical, professional-level staff.
* Strong experience in planning, managing multi-disciplinary projects.
* A proven performance management track record.
* Experience in management of all aspects of the software development life cycle. Strong understanding of one or more of the following methodologies - Agile / Waterfall / Scrum
* Will be expected to have a proven knowledge and proficiency in the most of the followingdevelopmentspecialisations:
* Java, J2EE / JSP / OOA/D, Web Services / Spring / Struts, Servlets, AWS development and deployment, JDBC, XML, XPath, XQuery, JSF, HTML, JUnit, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache..
* Working knowledge of some of the following Platforms:
* I-Series, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata & Linux, RPG, RPG/ILE, CL, SQL, T- SQL, , SOAPUI, ANT, Websphere.
* Ability to provide leadership and clarity in ambiguous situations, such as the start-up of a new project/development.
* Change management experience including budget and supplier management.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and will identify the root cause of issues.