Our Core Financials Product Management team is growing and we are seeking a Product Manager with solid understanding of accounting and core financial enterprise business applications in the context of global organisations.
When you join Workday as a Product Manager you will
- Combine your functional and systems knowledge to analyze customer business processes, their system environment and implement business requirements.
- Collaborate internally to turn these requirements into next-generation business applications. We utilize agile development methodologies and you will be the voice of the product management team to ensure that the product you intend to build, gets delivered.
- Create presentations and demos on new functionality, and build product compliance standards.
What a Product Manager (PM) Does At Workday
- Innovates Designs products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems and is streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance.
- Collaborates Serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides sales team with demos or presentations to prospective customers. Collaboration is the key to success.
- Makes Customers Happy Talks to customers to understand what features customers need/want to determine product roadmap. Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, QA, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Executes Designs features and sets functional requirements, then tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product using Agile.
What Skills Are Needed To Be Successful
- Experience as a product owner, enterprise financials systems manager or functional consultant
- In addition to experience mentioned above, work experience with localizations across AP, AR, GL and Close as part of a global corporate finance or international accounting team, preferably with certifications such as a CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Deep knowledge of international financial and accounting rules, processes and tax regulations to serve as a Subject-Matter-Expert for this functional area.