My client, one of Ireland's leading insurance brands, is seeking an experienced PL/SQL developer to join the expanding IT team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of mission critical applications.
You will report to the Oracle Technical Lead and will be involved in the customization of the policy administration system.
You will be on a team that is charged with building new insurance products, with a small amount of maintenance on existing products.
* Work on a variety of complex projects which will require you to have both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies.
* Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities as well as some maintenance activities.
* You will be assisting in the planning sessions with the business users and key stakeholders to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
* Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
Ideal Candidate: Experience
* 4+ years' experience in PL/SQL Development
* Knowledge of modern engineering practices would be beneficial.
* Experience working in both Windows & Linux environments.
* Advanced use of a source code management tool - SVN or similar
* Experience in projects though which multiple systems are integrated, including design and implementation of high-level and detailed project plans
* Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices would be highly useful.
* Knowledge and experience in Oracle ADF an advantage
* Exposure to object-oriented theory & concepts
* Insurance industry experience would be beneficial.
This is great opportunity to join a fun and friendly team with excellent benefits package! You should have all the technical skills but also be a motivated, self-starter who is a great communicator and real team player.
To discuss this great opportunity further, call Reperio and ask for Eimear on 015713000.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.