About the company:
My Client is the global leader in the provision of easy-to use and powerful electronic new business and automated underwriting solutions that give life insurance companies the power to grow their business efficiently. The software suite helps make straight through processing (STP) and instant issue a reality for many leading insurers and banks around the world.
The Product Owner plays a very important role within the Product Management team, bringing to fruition the aims and visions for the product suite. Working closely with both the Engineering team and with the customer teams, the successful candidate will manage the backlog of product requirements from all stakeholders and through planning, coordination, communication and facilitation take responsibility to deliver quality software product releases providing maximum business value.
· Work hand-in-hand with the Product Managers and other members of the product management team and be responsible for guiding the implementation of product features and the product roadmap.
· Gain high level understanding of the business domain, product and system architecture.
· Liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to clarify requirements.
· Create and maintain a product backlog and produce a prioritised list of clear and concise user stories with acceptance criteria.
· Collaborate closely with software development team and other colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion.
· Work in an Agile development environment, planning iterations and releases to meet business objectives while effectively managing risk and scope.
· Coordinate launch of new product releases.
BA/BS in Product Management, Computer Science, Engineering or Business.
· Experience of Agile software development processes and delivery of web-based solutions is essential.
· Experience of Insurance industry, Direct to Consumer web application development would be beneficial.
Technical / Professional Skills
· Be professional, articulate and reliable, with well-practiced communication skills including a proven track record of engaging as a technical leader in a software/consulting services supplier role.
· Proven track record of hands-on successful product and project implementations.
· Excellent documentation skills in the form of technical specifications, user guides, etc.
· Strong technical leadership skills with a deep technical background.
· Customer & quality focused.
· Experience with a vendor to the life insurance industry would be of benefit.
· Previous Product Owner and Agile Development experience would be of benefit.