The Android Developer will work closely with a dynamic team of developers with a goal to provide an app experience that facilitates increased interactions and purchases of products.
• Perform new application development
• Code clean-up and SVN administration
• Automation of development tasks
• Define functional design for requirements implementation
• Write code and unit tests
• Critical systems development
• Integration with RESTful Web Services
• Integration with legacy data & applications
• Assess visual app design and offer UX and aesthetic feedback
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
• Provide maintenance support to existing application code
• Follow legal policies as directed.
• 2+ years of Android software development experience
• Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming
• Strong knowledge of Java SE
• Understand and use quality coding patterns
• Experience with the following on Android:
• Android SDK (Activities, Fragments, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, Adapters)
• Understanding of Activity and Fragment lifecycle
• Scale Android UI across multiple devices
• Create custom views
• Work with Bitmaps
• Experience with animations and transitions on Android
• Troubleshoot and fix performance issues
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
Nice to have:
• Experience with Augmented Reality
• Experience with RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit, OkHttp, Espresso, Android Architecture Component, Android Data Binding
• Strong Linux/Unix skills
• Experience working in a Web-based eCommerce technology environment
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.