Our client based in Sligo are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join their team. You will be working with React and Node.JS for continuous deployment and integration. You will have a direct impact on our homepage that 25 million customers per day interact with. You will work within a culture of technical autonomy, and you will have the opportunity to focus on dynamic content development based on personalization. You will work cross-functionally with machine learning and consumer data teams to create a meaningful experience for each customer.
Who You Are:
You are an expert at using your creativity and resourcefulness to drive projects forward with little direction. You are deeply passionate about building new features, consistently researching the latest front-end technologies. You are a team-player who excels at detailed communication.
What You Will Do:
• Work collaboratively with different development and QA teams to code HTML/CSS mockups, test, and verify projects through development process.
• Oversee site optimization for SEO, cleaner and concise code, and code weight.
• Act as liaison between the creative department, NOC, and IT, addressing issues as they arise.
• Update internal documentation when new tools are available for designers to use as well as distribute the information to web designers and their managers.
• Create reusable HTML and CSS modules.
• Consume backend services to display content & data via handlebars/ReactJS templates and processes.
• Contribute to front end build process using web pack.
• Oversee deployment of production code
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
• Follow legal policies as directed.
What You Should Have:
• 5+ years of professional website coding experience
• A passion for clean semantic markup that demonstrates attention to detail.
• A solid understanding UI Design, Usability, and Accessibility.
• Awesome CSS skills, with full understanding of specificity and cascade.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with how to whip IE11 into submission and tame any other browser inconsistencies that pop up.
• An ability to work swiftly under pressure to create pages, wireframes, and fix bugs.
• A passion for web standards.
What We Hope You Have:
• Knowledge and skill in front end MVC frameworks such as AngularJS, React, and Backbone JS are a major plus.
• Knowledge and skill using Node.js, Docker and CI/CD principles are a plus.
• Experience working with remote/international teams a plus.
• B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com.
Follow us on LinkedInand connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.