Our Client is currently looking for an experienced Engineer to join their expanding team as a Senior IT Systems Engineer. If you have a desire to progress in a position where you will be supported to gain additional industry-based certification and training, then this is an opportunity worth discussing with us.
This company offers real career progression and is very open to engineers input regarding the day to day operations of the company "if you can see a better way to do it let's hear it".
Key Responsibilities for the Senior IT Systems Engineer:
* Point of escalation as part of the support team to address and solve Client's technology issues, including concerns related to implementation or integration with legacy customer infrastructure.
* Enterprise preventative maintenance, Documentation, Reporting and Alerting
* IT Management / Advisory for Enterprise Clients
* Assist presales account managers with technical questions or proposal generation.
* Solution Deployment
* Additional projects as required such as preparing system and user documentation and testing.
* Ad hoc Remote and Internal Project work
* Support of switching, routing & firewalling
* Formulating plans of resolution utilising all technical resources available.
* Work with staff to promote, develop, and maintain a positive experience for the Client.
* Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet the objectives for each site.
* Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
* Support and Deployment of Virtual Environments.
* Support and Deployment of SAN Environments.
Technical Requirements & Experience:
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years hands-on experience in the rollout and management of storage and virtualisation solutions.
(Certification advantageous but not essential based on experience)
* Hands on (demonstrable) experience with VMware ESX Server or Hyper-V.
* Technical Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, VMware).
* Storage Certified (Dell, EMC, Hitachi or NetApp).
* Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking.
* Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
* Change Control management
* Incident Management
To discuss this position in confidence, please contact Matthew Duane Rice