Technical Services Engineer
Datapac has an opportunity for a Technical Services Engineer to join our graduate team. This is a full-time position focused on the problem diagnosis and repair of IT and print devices and will suit someone starting out in their IT career ideally someone who has already had the opportunity to gain some experience in the sector.
It’s an office based role but flexibility is required to support field services and other departments with on-site calls. Therefore a full driving license is essential.
- Complete diagnostics, troubleshooting and break/fix repair work on IT hardware such as laptops/Printers/PC’s etc.
- Deployment of images to PC/Laptops and upgrading
- Maintain control of workshop stock and equipment
- Logistics and asset management of customer orders
- Keep calls updated using the company call management system
- Handle customer calls in respect of laptop diagnostics
- Back-up field services calls as required
- Complete documentation and administration activities as required
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware in general
- Good knowledge of windows operating systems and software
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Full driver’s license essential
- Fluent English language skills both written and verbal essential
- Fetac Level 5 in Computer Network and Maintenance desirable
- Degree in computer science desirable (focus on networking)
- Should be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Clear and professional telephone phone manner
- Willingness to learn new things and study for relevant technical certifications
- Professional Approach
- Self-motivated and energetic
Datapac will invest in your career development. We would love to hear from qualified applicants.