Network Engineer 5 + year experience
Large Enterprise Client, Complex Environment
Red Chair Recruitment is looking for a Network Engineer to work within our client’s technical delivery team in Kerry.
- Support Local and Security network during core support hours (07:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday).
- Work with the Architecture and Engineering and other functional groups within the bank to implement engineering solutions to meet the project and ad-hoc requirements of the organization.
- Implement Policy on the banks WEB service devices I.E. Palo Alto.
- Implement configurations on other security and load balancing appliances.
- Support network and data center installations including racking, stacking and cabling of various types of equipment.
- Ensure all design, implementation, support and maintenance activities adhere to the bank’s system development life cycle;
- Ensure adherence to the bank’s standards and strategies;
- Ensure all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment;
- Assist in problem determination activities, leveraging the bank’s fault reporting system;
- Ensure faults reported via the bank’s fault reporting system are monitored, managed and progressed;
- Ensure faults reported via the bank’s fault reporting system are updated with sufficient narrative to ensure a complete audit trail of a fault’s life-cycle;
- Ensure alerts generated by the bank’s pro-active monitoring systems are managed and progressed;
- Ensure carrier maintenance notifications are managed and progressed;
- Provide support to 1st level support staff;
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office;
- Be prepared to work a rotating 8-hour day schedule between 07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
- Be prepared to work at varying locations day to day as work / project load dictates.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule.
- Develop technical skills pertinent to role.
- Provide timely progress reporting to the Network Manager; and, undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Network Manager.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment. Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP and OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically, with Cisco 3800 and 3900 ISRs, 4500, 6500, Nexus switches and 7200 series routers including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
- Experience with various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC principles is highly desired.
- Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
- Experience with industry standard security practices.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large-scale network design and maintenance is critical. Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: MPLS, DMVPN, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, 802.1q, IP, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, NetFlow, DHCP, DNS.
Call Zack on +353 (0)64 66 22 007 for an immediate interview