Cyber Penetration Tester
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
The automotive industry is in the midst of a once in a generational revolution as it accelerates toward autonomous driving, connectivity and electrification. Join our team to design, develop and shape the future of our electrical and electronic systems; that’ll be your goal as you apply your technical expertise to help develop robust software in our vehicles. This includes everything from autonomous vehicles and advanced control systems to class-leading infotainment, cloud-connected features and integration of consumer electronic technologies, not to mention the opportunity to drive advanced prototype vehicles.
The future is yours.
As a penetration tester, you will be responsible for evaluating the security of JLR vehicle network and the network infrastructure the vehicle is connected to with a focus on Telematics and Infotainment ECUs, by continuously assessing and exploiting vulnerabilities to find out where hacking threats may lie.
Defining test plans, security pen tests and simulated attacks on vehicle networks, firewalls, operating systems, devices connected to the vehicle and connected car infrastructure are key responsibilities of the job.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review security requirements and develop tests to validate the requirements
- Carry out application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration tests
- Evaluate and select from a range of penetration testing tools
- Deploy the testing methodology and collect data
- Report on findings to a range of stakeholders
- Make suggestions for security improvements
- Keep up to date with latest testing and ethical hacking methods
In this role you will need to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders outside immediate team such as
- JLR Cyber Security Specialists
- Design and Development Team
- External Suppliers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a comparable qualification.
- Solid knowledge and experience of using a variety of penetration testing or threat modelling tools including open source and commercial mapping
- A solid understanding of ethical hacking
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Solid technical skills in information security architecture and penetration testing
- Outstanding organisational and data analytics skills
- Knowledge and understanding of specific car components, or systems and sub-systems
- Scripting skills and reverse engineering experience is desirable
- Knowledge of cryptographic methods and IT system security
- A passion for security and continuous technical improvement
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical people
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment