PHP Backend Developer
Medserv are seeking a talented and ambitious PHP developer to join our small team of developers working on a wide variety of existing and new web based applications.
The core of the role will revolve around maintaining, improving and expanding our web based billing software. But we are also creating new and different systems to cater for our clients needs.
As we have a small team of developer's, the candidate will be able to get involved in all aspects of the application development from Database creation to Linux server optimisation.
You love using PHP and MySQL to create everything from a simple website to complex command line tools. You don't want to spend all your time on a single project that is doing just a single thing. You don't want to just be writing code and instead want to be involved in how the systems are designed.
- Excellent knowledge of using PHP to develop web applications without the aid of frameworks.
- In depth knowledge of MySQL used in conjunction with PHP.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and maintain the legacy (PHP5) core product software and databases to debug and improve existing functionality.
- Assist in writing development specs to enhance the system and to allow for more efficient work practices.
- Be a self staring, quick leaner and able to make design decisions unaided.
- Be able to work with other people, both users and programmers, as well as being able to work on your own.
- Some sample PHP/MySQL website/application or code that you have done yourself. Please send us the link(s).
30-40k depending on experience
All offers of employment are subject to a current work permit
We do not require the assistance of external agencies at this time