What you will get to do every day:
• Make the best use of Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions for file storage, caching, queuing, load balancing, server-less (function as a service) and configure and maintain these solutions;
• Help set the standards for the development team;
• Optimise solutions that meet the user load today and can scale for much larger future growth;
• Develop backend software components for the mobile clients;
• Work in an interdisciplinary team; mobile developers, web front-end developers, embedded engineers, QA engineers, UI/UX and Product;
• Stay up-to-date with innovations and changes in the industry;
• Help with continuous improvement in a Lean-Agile environment;
• Work in an exciting startup environment.
What you bring to the role:
• Experience architecting cloud backends for mobile apps;
• Comfortable working with different architectures; Microservices, Service-Oriented Architectures, Monoliths;
• Extensive experience with cloud platforms, ideally AWS, otherwise Azure or Google Cloud;
• Minimum 5 years experience in at least one backend language such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or Java;
• Significant DevOps experience. Should be comfortable selecting and configuring services and tools to help build and maintain the solution;
• Good experience in Linux/Unix environments. Proficiency with the command line;
• Experience implementing Continuous Integration solutions to automate build process and test execution, e.g. Jenkins;
• Knowledge of database design and technologies, SQL & NoSQL;
• Good knowledge and commercial experience of network protocols like WebSocket, SSE & MQTT;
• Software engineering practices such as the use of Version Control Systems (particularly Git), code reviews/pull requests and Test Driven Development;
• An ability and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
• Attention to detail, with the ability to estimate accurately and complete tasks within that time;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills;
• Ability to interpret technical and business requirements effectively;
• Flexibility in attitude to take on tasks required to get the job done;
• Fluency in English.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)