Junior Cisco CCNA Engineer – Dublin
This is a unique opportunity to join a Cisco Gold Partner, servicing enterprise customers and best of class networks and infrastructure. You will join a highly skilled team and will work alongside some of the best Cisco CCIE's in Ireland to constantly up skill. There is an excellent long-term career path on offer and you will be encouraged to constantly keep abreast of new technologies and certifications as required.
You will be the first line support for the support desk, taking incoming calls and emails and writing up tickets, to transfer to the second line support. This is an excellent first step into Networking. This will lead (along with your ability to learn) into working on level 1, level 2 troubleshooting on a wide spectrum of areas to include: routing, switching, voice, wireless, security etc. You will be supporting, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting systems and networks via phone and online.
- Providing phone and email support to PlanNet21 customers
- Triaging the tickets to different support groups based on category of the tickets.
- Following up on tickets and tracking them to closure.
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to users on the ticket status.
- The ability to pick up new processes quickly and efficiently, communicate effectively and be accountable for your actions.
- Work on any ad hoc tasks/projects assigned and ensure timelines are met.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to the needs of the organisation.
- Strict adherence to process and procedures.
- Support technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN.
- Support print Issues and printer networking issues.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Work with vendors for the issues observed / reported.
- Exposure to networking fundamentals and technologies such as LAN/WAN, wireless etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone, chat and email
- Basic hardware and networking knowledge.
- Ambitious and good aptitude for new technologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Courteous with excellent customer service orientation.
- Must be flexible and be a team player.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of ticketing tools (preferable)
- Demonstrated self - starter who is willing to change quickly between roles, duties and tasks
- Positive disposition with a great sense of humour
- Fast learner, ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team, as well as demonstrating an ability to work independently.