Java Software Engineer
Our Client has requested that all applicants should hold citizenship of EU or EEA member state OR have permission to reside/work in the Republic of Ireland without the need to obtain, renew or change the status of a Critical Skills Permit/VISA.
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Java Engineer to work on their financial regulatory products. This engineer will collaborate closely with Product design teams, customer success management and application engineering to design, build, test and deploy new features in accordance with our client’s product roadmap.
• Design, develop, test and maintain major backend components.
• Ensure quality in all phases of the SDLC.
• Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
• Research new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
• Write documentation on given technical specifications.
• Help our skilled customer success team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
• 3-5 years Java experience (preferably Java 8)
• Hands on experience in web development using Java, Spring Boot, Spring MVC framework and JDBC.
• Hands on experience developing RESTful Web services preferably using Spring Boot.
• Knowledge in Unit and Integration testing
• Experience with Maven build/deployment process.
• Knowledge in relational databases, including static and procedural SQL.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
• Experience with git/Bitbucket Source Code management techniques.
• Experience with working within an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban) is desirable.
• Knowledge in Spring Transaction Management.
• Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Experience with tools for software management (JIRA).
• Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
• Relevant 3rd level Computer Science qualification.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this role. To have a chat or to ask any questions you may have, get in touch with her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at +353 (0) 1 +353 1 9630264