Senior Data Centre Engineer - Permanent
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading Payment & Financial Companies.
Senior Data Centre Engineer - Permanent Role and Responsibilities:
This role will see the successful candidate working in one of the companies main Data Centres based in Citywest.
- Design and implement infrastructure elements for critical computing sites.
- Evaluate technical projects to assess availability and capacity.
- Plan infrastructure implementations
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party vendors and internal resources
- Conduct post-installation reviews
- Manage change management requests for infrastructure changes
- Develop and maintain infrastructure standards (including cabling management and rack configuration)
What you need:
- 3+ years’ experience designing, developing and supporting technical infrastructure
- 5+ years’ experience installing, relocating and maintaining IT Hardware
- 1+ years’ experience working within a data centre environment
- An understanding of capacity planning with tools and practices for managing resources and equipment.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary with benefits package
Competitive package including:
- 23 days annual leave per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Sickness benefit
- Educational assistance
Apply now for Senior Data Centre Engineer - Permanent
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O'Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.