Aspira are currently seeking to recruit Business Analysts on a contracting basis in Cork to review business processes to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document those processes, and connect business people to information technology groups within our clients organisation. In particular, we are looking for Business Analysts with application programming interface experience.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the business and technical teams and is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, writes the business and functional requirements. The Business Analyst will have a good understanding of the business and ensure that there is integration between business and technology. Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The Business Analyst understands development processes - SDLC - and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
· Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritise deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities
· Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and translate it into functional specifications
· Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation
· Partners with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions
· Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
· 5 + years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
· Proficient in the use of Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio and MS Project
· Customer Interfacing experience - project oversight, customer presentation
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Experience working on a complex web system would be preferable