Level 2 Systems Engineer – Agile Networks
Agile Networks are a multi award willing sister company of PlanNet21 Communications.
Agile Networks designs, builds, and operates IT Networks for large multinationals and indigenous organisations, to include; service provider, data centre, network security, design, implementation, and support for over 4,900 sites, and 2.3M end users. They are a Juniper Networks Elite partner, Extreme Networks Diamond partner, F5 Gold Partner, Aruba Networks Gold Partner and HPE Gold Partner.
The role of Primary Engineer involves working with level 3 engineers and technical consultants to implement network projects including field-based and lab-based assignments. This role incorporates 60% field work where you will work throughout Ireland installing and providing hardware testing and installation services with our clients, working on a project by project basis. The role also roll incorporates working one week in every four on support, (20% lab based, and 20% post-sales support). This support week also works as an on-call rota week (one week in every four). You will be working with level 3 engineers and technical consultants to implement network projects including field-based and lab-based assignments. This role reports into the Engineering Manager
- On-site installation work, working with escalation engineers in order to deliver 1st time installations by following work method details and H&S guidelines provided.
- Deliver against SLA driven customer incidents and problems ensuring that incidents and problems are dealt with in line with the incident management and problem management processes, such that customers recieve a professional, high quality level of service.
- Prepare equipment for SLA site visits in order to provide equipment suitably prepared in line with the ‘Golden Hour’ process enabling SLA’s to be met.
- Site visit response against SLA contract levels to maintain high levels of customer confidence and satisfaction by achieving resolution within the SLA requirements.
- Testing and raising Manufacturer authorisation for faulty items, testing replacements upon receipt from manufacturer functionality to determine the correct operation of the equipment before parts are sent for repair or re-stocked throughout the UK.
- Assist and /or lead the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installs.
- Ensure all focal engineering netwok design and build documentation are maintained and available to fellow engineers via intranet.
- Maintain spares pool and customer support inventory including serial numbers, locations, and SLA data.
- Execute the control of ‘standby’ equipment to maintain the availability of the Lab based customer ‘standby’ equipment to facilitate the delivery of rapid response for fault investigation and restoration of support contracts.
- 60% field based nationwide coverage, 20% lab-based Dublin head office, 20% post-sales support. Generous mileage and expense allowance, Support for professional qualifications
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Graduate / Post-Grad qualification in IT
- Field engineer or NOC experience preferred
- CCNA / JNCIS or equivalent