Technical Specialist Role
A technical specialist is required in assisting with a number of Desktop Technology upgrade projects.
· Windows 7 to Windows 10
· Office 2010 to Office 2016
· Hardware refresh - replacement of old Desktop and Laptop hardware
Assist with technical analysis to assess impact of upgrading software and hardware.
Assist with the design (and documentation of same) for the above projects.
Create laptop/PC builds as part of the design process for the above.
A technical 'all-rounder'.
Windows desktop technologies - Windows 7 or greater
Microsoft Office - good understanding of technical features, implementation methods, settings (Group Policy, and how it's used to control the Office environment).
* BA / BS degree in a related field
* 5+ years of industry-related experience including pursuing business opportunities, identifying customer problems and translating needs into new products and services
* Excellent operational organisation skills
* Microsoft office upgrades - planning, assessment - spotting potential issues before they happen. Knowledge of potential issues to be expected during such upgrades - eg: dealing with impact of old file versions, Office add-ins, Macros, VBA code etc.
* Desktop rollouts (Microsoft Windows). Experience with the build process and logistics involved in a country-wide rollout. Impact assessment of rolling out new technology - what may 'break' and how should you prepare for it.
* Background in support of Desktop technologies - PCs, Laptops, Applications.
* Hands-on, delivery-focused, analytical.
* Ability to focus on the bigger picture and not get bogged down in day-to-day issues.
* Ability to work independently - make decisions, suggest improvements - don't wait to be given a set of tasks.
* Effectively communicate complex ideas and possess problem solving techniques
* Good English verbal and written communication skills