Desktop Support - 12 month rolling contract - Dublin City Centre
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person and self-service. You will also be responsible for the installation and configuration of new IT equipment.
* Professional experience of at least 2-5 years in providing support for an IS organisation including knowledge of client/server architecture, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office, hosted storage and email.
* Basic telephony knowledge, call center routing systems would be advantageous
* Experience in supporting desktop computing in a Microsoft environment
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
* Ability to work independently and exhibit problem solving skills
* Knowledge of current IT hardware and software standards and a desire to build additional technical and soft skills.
1) To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to our customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary. 20%
2) To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) across a range of software applications. 50%
3) Desktop imaging/configuration/roll-out and on-going desktop maintenance. 10%
4) To accurately record, update and document requests using ServiceNow. 10%
5) Escalate calls to the appropriate team or service partners when necessary, ensuring good transfer of ownership. 10%
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.