Why this role matters
- · In this role you can provide a brilliant experience for our customer by managing the requirements for the network and ensuring a stable environment where their continued operations and expansion can thrive.
- · This role provides the platform for the world to communicate, providing a secure environment for that communication is central to a positive experience and allows the power of communication to progress.
What you'll be doing
- You will be joining an Operations team working on one of our clients major customer accounts, supporting all their MPLS core, ISP Services and Datacentre IP infrastructure, with an emphasis on the network security. Their duties will also encompass all implementation work carried out on customer network.
- You will be responsible for supporting real time operational systems, providing leadership and guidance on resolving complex technical issues, owning operational processes and ensuring support is provided to meet service level standards.
Tasks Required by you:
- Technical projects – Engineer will liaise with Design team on all new projects and be responsible for implementation.
- Responsible for peer technical reviews before deployment into service.
- Draft reports and make recommendations to managers and project sponsors on operational stability projects.
- Operational support of IP network across all customer datacentres.
- Act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to the team and other groups on technical and operational issues.
- Manage an Incident Management trouble ticket queue - distribute tickets to team members, ensure all tickets are addressed through to resolution.
- Work with internal, external & third party suppliers.
- Adhere to our client's best practice Incident, Change, Capacity & Risk Management within our client's Managed Services environment.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
- · CCIE or JNCIE-ENT (or advanced CCNP).
- · Juniper experience a distinct advantage.
- · Experience working in ISP environment.
- · Experience with Cisco Nexus Datacentre solutions.
- · Multiple routing protocol knowledge including BGP, OSPF routing.
- · Operating knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls an advantage.
- · Knowledge of loadbalancing technologises, F5, cisco ACE, Netscaler.
- · Basic knowledge of 2G, 3G or LTE mobile communications would be beneficial.
- · Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- · Excellent organisational & time-management skills.
- · Ability to deliver to tight timescales.
- · Display innovative thinking by acting on own initiative to identify & resolve problems.