The Senior Software Developer takes a key role in design and implementation of complete features or new products within a Scrum team. The Senior Software Engineer will mentor and coach others in the team to ensure that the team members understand the designs and are effectively trained in terms of the technology base and processes to be followed in the Scrum team.
Role of the Senior Software Engineer
* Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
* As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
* Travel (approximately 20%) domestic and/or international.
* *Writing Quality Software
* *Writing and Executing Meaningful Unit Tests to Coverage requirements
* *Designing components and/or the overall product
* *Logging Defects
* *Detailed Product Knowledge
* *Detailed understanding of feature requirements including base feature, documentation requirements, related administration requirements, testing, and validation
* Mentoring to Junior engineers
* Responsible for updating tickets
* Responsible for Feature Documentation
* Working to understand validation requirements
* Responsible for Code Peer Review
* Reporting to Software Manager
* Reviewer of Test Standards and Process
* Developing good estimates of effort required for analysis, design, and development so as to feed into overall sprint planning.
* To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Keywords: Software Engineer/ Software Developer/ Java Developer/ Java Engineer