As a Senior Database Administrator, the job entails
- administering and controlling the organization’s data resources through the use of Relational Database Management Systems and/or other DBMS tools.
- Works with Application Developers, Data Analysts, and Data Architect teams to ensure data integrity and security, eliminate redundancy and improve database performance.
- Responsible for establishing and supporting database backup and recovery procedures.
System DBA Activities – general database maintenance & support shall cover the following:
- Maintain and install database software and environments,
- Install and maintain database software and apply the database patches,
- Start and stop database,
- Manage database Redo logs,
- Manage database Archive logs,
- Manage job queues,
- Manage table spaces,
- Manage data files,
- Manage rollback segments,
- Upgrade of database patch set,
- Refreshing and cloning of database environments,
- Backups and recover
Database Security and controls
- Database User management,
- Managing database auditing,Implement Customer LP policies on databases,
- Ensure database changes follow the existing Customer change control processes and are fully auditable.
- Database Monitoring and Planning
- Password management,
- Implementing and review storage capacity planning,Install and maintain monitoring scripts,Investigate and suggest solution for performance issues,Monitor and review database log activities,Monitor space,Monitor database sessions,Support of RAC (Oracle Clustering),Database Health Checks and Assessments