Desktop Support Engineer- Cork Airport
What does the role of Desktop Support Engineer involve?
You will work onsite at one of our valued customers. You will provide and maintain continuity of service for all desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues that may occur within agreed contractual service levels.
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and resolve any user faults within agreed SLAs
* Troubleshoot and resolve all desktop issues and initiate the return of faulty customer equipment according to the customer maintenance contract.
* Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance on the range of desktop equipment within the supported site as required or requested by line manager
* Maintain a high level of communication at all time with both colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required
* Identify any spares required and advise the Global Service Desk accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly.
* Deliver customer focused service which supports increased customer satisfaction.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Minimum 2 years' experience required in an IT service oriented environment for role holder to perform fully and effectively in the job
*Demonstrable understanding of Windows 7/10 environment and office 2010
*PC & Laptop repairs general 1st to 3rd line support; file and print servers 2008; DELL Hardware and HP printer
*Good understanding of Active Directory and Exchange environment.
*Good understanding of networking principles including hardware types and IP addressing.
*Understanding of Microsoft SCCM for image and application deployment.
*Good understanding mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones, Android phones.
*Excellent customer service skills
Monday to Friday between 0900-1730
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response via email@example.com