System Support Engineer:
My client is a growing technology company based in Cork. The successful candidate will join the development team and will provide support internally and externally through systems configuration, analysis and investigation
Responsible for the configuration and test of system applications in adherence with the companies standards, processes and best practices.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Liaising with software team members in the test of new back and front-end system applications. Provide feedback to the development team on tools and services to assist with systems operation and contribute to the development requirement specification gathering process;
• Liaising with internal NOC and Development teams in order to collect and document system configuration change requirements and driving the delivery of system configuration and upgrade projects;
• Back end systems setup for new and existing customers;
• Dealing with individual customer and NOC team requests for system changes;
• Work with team to meet tight deadlines, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions;
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Experience and Skills:
• Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
• Knowledge and understanding of IT systems and networks;
• Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support;
• Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills (verbal and written);
• Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed;
• Organized, energetic and self-motivated;
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Additional Skills.
The following experience would be advantageous but not essential:
• Understanding of network concepts (TCP/IP, VPN), network protocols (e.g. TCP, Modbus);
• Tools: Microsoft Server, SQL Server Management studio.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group. If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )