Technical Support Engineer
Database (DBA), Virtualisation or Java systems - Performance and Monitoring
Location: Cork City Languages: English and (at least one of the following) German, French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian
Our client is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems.
Since 1987, they have been reducing the time and money their customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation.
With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, they emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout their customers' journey.
One of the many great solutions that they produce provides a single solution for application, infrastructure, databases and virtualization monitoring.
We are currently taking applications for Systems Administrator or DBA level Technical Support Engineer - to join our clients Database / Virtualisation / Application / Cloud Monitoring & Performance Management support team located in Cork, Ireland.
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
We are looking for individuals who enjoy helping customers resolve technical problems, learning new technologies, and who can operate in a fast-paced environment. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing technical support to customers who have purchased or are evaluating our enterprise level monitoring solutions.
As a Support Engineer within Monitoring you will work as part of a team using your skills to solve technical issues in various complex customer environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation.
Day-to-day Duties Include:
* Act as a customer advocate
* Field and own incoming technical issues from customers
* Maintain a personal queue of ongoing customer issues until resolution
* Interface with R&D resources to bring escalated issues to resolution
* Document all customer/case details in Support case tracking system
* Create knowledgebase articles from resolved issues for future use by customers and internal personnel
Our monitoring solutions work with the following technologies:
* Databases: Oracle, MySQL Postgres SQL, MS SQL Server, DB2 UDB, Sybase
* Virtualisation Technologies: including VMWare, Hyper-V
* Operating Systems: Unix (Solaris, HPUX, AIX, Linux); Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers
* Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, WinRM and DCom.
* J2EE Application Servers: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle AS, JBoss and tomcat
* Network Technologies: Subnets, Switches, Hubs, Routers, SPAN and TAP ports
* Others: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Amazon web Servers, Azure, IIS, Apache.
* Oracle or SQL Server, at Database Administrator level.
* Good troubleshooting and analytical skills with Java based software and able to analyse Java type logs and thread dumps
* Good Windows and/or Unix/Linux administration and platforms skills.
* Good understanding of Virtualization environments.
* Good working knowledge of command line queries like Bash/PowerShell/Dos and SQL
* You must be an independent, self-motivated, team player and have a people-oriented personality.
* You must be able to work under pressure assisting customers to resolve their issues effectively and efficiently.
* Technical experience with Monitoring products is an asset
* Working experience with scripts and groovy scripts in particular is a bonus
* Minimum 2 years' experience in an external Technical Customer Support role.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment
* Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
* Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
* Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
* Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
* High energy demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies.
People are the most critical component of our Clients long-term success which is why they have created an extensive benefits package for all team members.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.