Job Title: IT Support Analyst - First/Second Level Reporting to: IT Manager
We are seeking an IT Support Analyst to provide support to end users and systems used by business operations daily.
Based in our Dublin office, this role will be to provide first/second level support to end users of systems. Issues will be assigned via an IT helpdesk system, phone, email and IM which will need to be dealt with in an efficient, professional and timely manner.
· Provide daily application and hardware support to end users for IT systems.
· Respond to user requests logged via the helpdesk ticketing system or over the phone in a timely manner and be capable of prioritizing requests correctly.
· Log all IT Support Requests received via IM, email and desk side.
· Escalate requests to third level support when required and/or log and resolve issues with external service providers (ISP, Telecoms).
· Create user accounts for windows/CRM applications/email (Google Suite) and other systems as appropriate.
· Initiate corrective action to ensure PC systems and applications meet current requirements and end user expectations for performance, functionality and reliability.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service to end users of the corporate data and telecoms network.
· Document and maintain historic records on issues and resolutions.
· Keep abreast of current technologies and techniques in computer software and hardware.
· Support other members of your department as required by implementing and maintaining existing systems and installing and debugging new systems.
Desired Skill Sets:
· Must have relevant degree in IT or IT professional qualification.
· Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems and MS Office software.
· Ability to navigate and provide basic support to Active Directory and Windows server.
· An understanding of virtualization concepts and technologies.
· An understanding of cloud based applications.
· Some knowledge of LAN devices such as switches, hubs and printers would be an advantage but not essential.
· Experience with mobile devices (iPhone, Android, laptops).
· A willingness to follow process and document as required.
· A self starter, capable of prioritising issues as they arise, identifying trends and bringing issues and solutions to the attention of the greater IT department.
· Good analysis skills, having the ability to find the root cause of issues and implement solutions quickly.
· Must be a good communicator, team player and possess a pleasant telephone manner.
To apply for this role you must have some previous experience in IT Support or a similar role.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.