Site Reliability Engineer 3+ years’ experience
Large Enterprise Client, Complex Environment
Red Chair Recruitment is looking for an Site Reliability Engineer to work within our client’s technical delivery team in Dublin. This position reports to: Senior Manager, Technical Duty Officers.
- Leverage your strong system, network, and database skills to provide technical leadership for a team of on-site engineers who are responsible for the availability and performance on their cloud platform
- Act as the incident and crisis manager in situations that require orchestration of effort between multiple teams to resolve time-critical situations
- Follow up on post incident reviews and drive organisation wide change to prevent issues from happening again
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience in a large scale 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications
- An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the cloud, including data centres, systems, networks, load balancers, applications, and relational databases
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing, DNS, load balancing, CDN, virtualisation, and other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Working knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Working knowledge of MySQL/Oracle database performance, query analysis, and replication topologies
- Solid *nix systems administration, network administration and application layer experience
Call Zack on 064 66 22 007 for further information.