To support the continued growth of the company, OpenJaw Technologies is recruiting for the position of a DevOps Engineer within Global Services Group. This position will be placed based in our Dublin office.
This role will contribute to automation development to support the evolution, delivery and the release process of a large enterprise multi-customer application. The successful applicant will work with the project build & release engineer and technical leads to manage the source control tools/processes to support the development life cycle from source control to release into production. The role involves scripting coding abilities and troubleshooting as well as providing proactive improvement and evolution of existing tools and processes.
Role SkillS Summary
- An engineer with significant scripting/coding skills (Groovy, PHP, Python, Bash).
- Automation development experience in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Source Control Tools experience, such as Subversion or GIT, in a multi code-lines and multi versions management context
- Proficiency and experience in Java based multi-tenant, enterprise application development.
- Ability to contribute to the current automation layer to support development, release, delivery and deployment process, tagging, versioning etc.
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration/deployment/delivery context.
- Contribute automating processes to support the implementation of patches and bug fixing.
- Dealing with multiple branches.
- Support the development of automated tests, heavy nightly processes and automating reporting/analysis/stats operations.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo or similar.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Collaborate and inspire developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
Optional SkillS Summary:
- Background in Linux/Unix based systems.
- Monitor and respond to build and merge failures and assist development teams with resolution.
- Team Management Tools experience such as Jira and Bugzilla.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Experience in tools such as Ivy, Gradle and Ant.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Strong experience with SQL.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment.
- Experience managing source control environments including branching, code merging, builds, and parallel development.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments and the ability to write Linux shell scripts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new technologies rapidly.
- At least two years’ experience working in a Software Developer role.