Test Environment Manager
We are looking for an experienced technology manager to coordinate our physical and virtual test environments across our Funds Services application platform.
The platform spans front-end interfaces, back-end databases and a substantial middleware layer. It is comprised of a large number of technologies including Java, Oracle, DB2, .Net, ETL tools, Solaris, Linux, etc.
The role will require ongoing interaction with technology project and programme managers, development managers, support teams and test managers to plan, organise and manage the deployment of software across the platform.
With a large internal and client-facing book of work, an essential element of the role is to identify and coordinate the deployment of linked releases, minimising conflict to maximise environment availability for the test community.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in a similar role with a global focus. They will understand the complexities and timelines associated with application and interface changes across a substantial technology stack in an end-to-end testing environment. They will also have experience of working directly with external large clients.
The key responsibilities are:
· In conjunction with technology partners (DBAs, Infrastructure, Development Leads, Support teams), manage all release activities
· Lead release activities across the end-to-end test environments, ensuring pre-release criteria are met, post-implementation checks are conducted and that release documentation standards are adhered to
· Record relevant metrics for analysis and guide process improvement
· Monitor and maximise the uptime of the test environments, identifying owners for addressing problems and ensuring both corrective and preventive actions are implemented
· Ensure minimum downtime of the platform for testers and key internal and external interfaces
The key skills are:
· Very strong communication skills. Must be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels including Functional CIO, Senior Programme Managers, Deployment teams, Senior Business partners, etc.
· The ability to lead and guide people who are not direct reports
· Strong planning abilities, partnering with the above stakeholders
· The ability to deliver on these plans
· Demonstrated conflict resolution ability
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.