Desktop Support Engineer- field based
Have you gained experience within Desktop Support/ IT Support role/ 2nd Line role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as Desktop Support Engineer at ESP Global Services based onsite at one of our valued customers in could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Desktop Support Engineer involve?
You will work onsite at many of our valued customers as part of a wider team. You shall respond to tickets and prioritise accordingly. You will provide and maintain continuity of service for all desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues that may occur within agreed contractual service levels.
* Carry out regular routine preventative maintenance on the range of passenger processing equipment within any regional airport or ESP supported site as required or requested by the line manager.
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and resolve any faults within agreed within SLA's.
* Troubleshoot and resolve all airline host and connectivity issues and initiate the return of faulty customer equipment according to the customer maintenance contract.
* Maintain high level of communication at all times with both colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk incident can be updated as required.
* Identify any spares required and advise accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly
* Deliver customer focused service which supports increased customer satisfaction.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working onsite providing IT Support
* You will be a confident communicator
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
*Good Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software (Windows 98/ 2000/ XP, Office 97/2000/XP)
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
* Full driving licence and access to vehicle
* Reference checks dating 5 years back are a necessary role requirement, due to the security policy of some of the supported customer sites. References shall be obtained after job offer has been made.
Monday to Friday between 0900-1730 + on call every second or third calendar week
- 26,000- - 28,000 + on call rate of - 18.00 per night + any additional overtime accrued for attending call out.
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can-do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response.