Reporting to the IT lead - Payments Solution Design, this Payments Solution Architect will support the delivery of a coherent architecture and technology roadmap to enable the Payments transformation Programme and support the bank’s critical requirement for a strategic Payments processing capability.
- Take a lead role in the detailed design of the transformed Payments ecosystem from a technology, process, integration and data design perspective
- Ensure the successful implementation of the Payments roadmap through the definition of a common set of design and process standards, driving the adoption of these standards across the enterprise, with our ITO & ADM delivery partners, payment product vendors and implementation teams
- Influence & engage key business & IT stakeholders in the definition of Payments requirements.
- Work with a team of IT Specialists in the delivery of a transformed, resilient payment ecosystem aligned with the organisation’s emerging target IT architecture and Payments Operating model
- Work with the wider Payments stakeholder group to ensure change and service migration approaches are adopted to minimise service risk & optimise delivery
- Provide technical support, mentor and develop junior IT Specialist resources.
- Work closely with the Service Assurance team throughout lifecycle of change & provide detailed handovers as change is delivered into test and production environments and integration to wider bank system.
- Adhere to standard processes/procedures and policies including change management, audit, security.
Minimum Criteria for this Role:
- Successful candidate to have 10+ years enterprise technology experience, with a proven track record in the delivery of IT enabled change, with specific experience in Domestic and International Payments related change.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues and strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences at senior levels within the bank. Interpersonal skills - collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and change experience of following a distinct advantage (SEPA CT, SEPA DD’s, CHAPS, FPS, BACS, EBA Clearing, FX Products, SWIFT, Sanctions, eFraud, Online Channels)
- Broad understanding of Application, Information and Infrastructure technologies & practices
- Project and programme management planning and organisational skills.