The candidate will provide tier 2 support services to the business by triaging customer facing or customer impacting issues with the Company's platform and working closely with customer service agents and account managers to resolve those issues. The support engineer will first and foremost investigate and clarify trouble tickets, attempt to reproduce issues, and debug/resolve problems as much as possible before escalating to the tier 3 engineering support team.
* Recognized 3rd level technical qualification;
* Programming experience with a modern high-level language; ideally C# and the .NET framework.
* Prior experience in a tier 2 or tier 3 engineering support role
* Good understanding of multi-tier web-based applications in the Windows environment
* Solid technical experience in the Windows server environment and IIS in particular
* Working knowledge of database systems and SQL Server
* Comfortable logging into servers remotely and reviewing application log files for issues
* Prior experience in the Amazon AWS environment would be advantageous
* Act as the primary interface for technical support to the customer success, sales and account management teams.
* Capture, investigate and triage trouble tickets and ensure compliance with format and mandatory information.
* Debug and resolve raised issues to the best of their ability and escalate more complex problems to T3 support team.
* Address open issues in priority order.
* Communicate status on critical issues in a timely manner.
* Build FAQs and knowledge base articles to facilitate self-service.
* Collate weekly metrics on tier 2 and tier 3 issues.
* Provide weekly reports on issue status and progress
* Be willing to work on an "on call" basis for after-hours critical support needs
Generous salaries and an evolving benefits package with ample free parking at our Client offices in Nutgrove, Dublin. With easy access to the Luas and other public transport options, getting to and from the office is easy, equipped for remote access and telecommuting where appropriate. In this role the successful candidate will get an unparalleled opportunity to develop state of the art skills in a fast-paced startup environment with the most cutting edge technology out there. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growth startup with enormous potential and to develop a host of new skills and experiences.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.