Our client, an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations, is looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to join their remote team.
The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely, diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems to help our customers install and use our applications. You will interact with a diverse growing global community of users across a portfolio of products, built around their third generation blockchain technologies.
Reporting directly to the Technical Support Manager, you will work with some of the most strategic customers and be uniquely positioned to feed customer experiences and challenges back into the engineering, project management and marketing teams.
Ultimately, you will be the person the customers trust to resolve their issues when they need help the most.
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus.
- At least 2 years of technical support experience(Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role).
- Experience with the customer or technical support platforms; Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux server environments.
- Hands-on experience supporting client applications on Windows, Mac OS & Linux.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with great follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work independently, this position is 100% remote
- Empathy and resourcefulness in interacting with customers and resolving their technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical details effectively to people with various levels of technical skill and knowledge
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and following problems through to resolution
- Ability to Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve requester issues
- Following standard procedures and use proper escalation for unresolved issues
- Liaising as appropriate with internal teams to resolve issues and build our knowledge base.
- Understanding of distributed computing environments
- Understanding of blockchain technologies
- Understanding of cryptocurrency principles and processes
- Understanding of software development and coding
The company offers a flexible work style with a chance to work in a very dynamic team with talented people from all around the world within the blockchain research space.
This role offers any candidate to work remotely.