Red Chair Recruitment are currently working in conjunction with one of our biggest partners in order to deliver a large infrastructure upgrade project at our customers Limerick site. As part of this project we have several positions open for engineers to work onsite with our customer, a global leader in biotechnologies.
One such role is for a Senior Network Engineer. The main aim of this role will be the overall design, test and evaluation of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems as well as ensuring the overall integrity of the network infrastructure
- Provides mostly tier 3 support and assists with project implementation within the networking environment.
- Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
- Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability.
- Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Evaluates a system’s performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as needed.
- Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
- Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
- May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
- Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
- Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or baselines.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include baseline performance (SLA’s, etc.), Incident management and Problem Management.
- Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase, including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
- Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program SharePoint and/or communities of practice.
- Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise
- Expert knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
- Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
- Has achieved industry standard certifications, e.g.: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required
- Excellent documentation skills are required