We are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA for a leading multinational based in Dublin.
We are looking for someone who is self-sufficient when resolving routine problems or enquiries across several products or technologies for multiple customers. You will have a degree of autonomy when dealing with unexpected problems, more complex escalations and helping to maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. You will also delivers low to medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
* You will work within a team supporting end users with technical queries relating to SQL Server 2012 and higher.
* Experience of upgrading SQL instances an advantage
* Experience of SCOM an advantage
* You will have a good understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
* Follow established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries.
* Ideally you will have gained experience within a large enterprise.
* You will take ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
* Escalate issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/Service Level Agreements.
* Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Take responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements
This is an exciting opportunity to gain unrivalled experience within a global giant; you will work on a large complex system with a strong Engineering team with lots of support. The role is based initially on a 6 month contact with excellent chance the role will extend far beyond that.
If you would like to submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on 01-9017821 for a private conversation about your options.