Linux System Administrator required for our Cork based Client. This is a fast paced, young, dynamic organization which offers huge scope for progression. My Client develops a number of e-commerce web applications delivering a high-performance system to global users.
What is the role of the Linux System Administrator?
· Responsible for the infrastructure and product support for one or more product lines
· Be proactive in making sure the product is running efficiently and effectively
· Work with the development team to make sure one has total understanding of the product and also advise the development team on any issues or observations when the product is running on production
· As new features of the product are being developed, be involved in the design and looking at iterations as they are released so you learn how the product works, behaves and is configured.
· Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations
· Working with other members of the team to recognize and propose and later implement potential changes in all segments of the stack
What we are looking for:
· Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian based)
· Extensive knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
· Ability to troubleshoot server connectivity issues
· Working experience with common Linux based network services like Bind9, Apache, Nginx, Syslog, NTP
· Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as KVM and VMware
· Experience with Ansible and similar tools
· Ability to work with different teams and projects at the same time while prioritizing tasks based on business needs
· Ability to undertake medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Management and complete them to an agreed standard with minimal supervision
Linux, OpenStack, KVM, Foreman, Docker, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, MySQL, pfSense, Mikrotik, Tomcat app servers, HAproxy and NGINX, Java and Python applications, continuous build environment, open source technologies.