About Contracting Plus
Contracting PLUS sets standards as the market leader in specialist accounting and taxation advice for contractors, combining relevant, compliant and value driven solutions. We work closely with some of the largest recruitment agencies in Ireland and throughout Europe, delivering a comprehensive and professional accounting service to contractors.
We provide the highest level of service to our contractors and ensure our client companies and individual contractors are meeting their obligations. From our offices in Dublin, Cork, London and India, Contracting PLUS manages the accounting, taxation and financial affairs of over 3,500 professional contractors.
Reason for the Position:
To support the IT Team in managing daily operational issues as well developing service improvements. To support the I.T. Team in the delivery of strategic projects as well as providing mentorship/support to the junior members of the team.
The Purpose of the Position:
This is a hands-on position which will require the individual to work alongside the I.T. Team in providing technical support to Contracting PLUS users, including client, server, application and network infrastructure. This role will also require an ability to Project Manage new I.T. projects and support the I.T. Team in delivering service improvements as well as technologies advancements in alignment with the company strategy.
Support the IT Team in managing and improving the IT infrastructure. This involves having:
- Experience of the following operating systems, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Centos or variant.
- Experience of Microsoft Infrastructure Services (i.e. Active Directory, Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Experience of Amazon AWS (EC2, Route 53, etc)
- Experience of building configuring, supporting desktops, laptops and servers.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365.
- Experience of Backups and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Experience of IT Security and tools used to manage, client, server, network security.
- Experience of QuickBooks, Sage, and CollSoft a distinct advantage but not required.
- Experience of network infrastructure (i.e. LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems).
- Experience of Centos server management (operational improvements, disaster recovery) a distinct advantage but not required.
- Experience of managing/delivering I.T.projects.
- Experience in managing people and providing support/mentorship to the junior members of the I.T. team.
- Experience of reporting to senior management and presentation of project updates to same.
- Work with Hardware and Software vendors for troubleshooting and assisting in problem management
- At least 3-5 years in a similar senior role.
- Third Level IT Related Qualification (i.e. diploma, degree, other)
- ITIL qualified a distinct advantage but not required.
- Microsoft Certified a distinct advantage (in particular, managing Server 2012 environments) but not mandatory.
3. Internal Service Provider
- Delivering day to day operational network services as efficiently as possible, within a Client Service Ethos.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- A mindset of continuous development and improvement.
- A Team player.
- Working hard to build trust and relationships with your team and your customers and take specific action to raise value to customers by meeting a specific customer request or by solving an immediate problem.
- Bringing work to completion and focusing on delivering tangible results and value for money.
- Supporting users in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Contributing to, complying with and enforcing standard policies and procedures.
- Continuously focused on service improvement through examination of current infrastructure portfolio and advising on technology changes/developments.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent time keeping skills.
· A mindset of continuous development and improvement.
· A Team player.
· Working hard to build trust and relationships with your team and your customers and take specific action to raise value to customers by meeting a specific customer request or by solving an immediate problem.
- Integrate into the IT ‘One Team’ ethos.
- Actively participate in discussion, idea generation and support the ‘continuous service improvement’ philosophy.
- Support and Promote the IT Department in a positive manner.
- A willingness to learn.