Software Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join a progressive IT team as Software Development Manager. Your primary focus will be leading the development team to deliver the next generation of Digital technology
• Working with the business and project leads to define and plan activities of the software development lifecycle including; scoping, specification, development, testing and implementation;
• Leads and manages the team to design, implement and release software change to core business systems;
• Mentors and develops the team, drives constant skills improvement across all roles;
• Lead software architecture and technical designs reviews. Owns the roadmap for software change and technology adoption.
We are looking for someone who has:
• A degree in computer science from a recognised University or Technical College;
• Must have a minimum of 7+ years commercial experience in Software engineering and management;
• Strong planning skills with experience delivering highly functional business applications;
• Excellent command of test automation and continuous integration tools and techniques;
• Strong Agile development background (Scrum , BDD , TDD );
• Excellent OOP knowledge and experience. .NET 4+ , Java EE & Angular a distinct advantage;
• Detail understanding of service oriented design and integration with Digital technologies;
• Proven analytic and problem solving abilities;
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver to plan for monthly and quarterly release cycles.
Personal Skills Requirements:
• A leader, not just a manager, who can motivate software developers and testers and create a great working environment;
• Determined to drive for results; takes ownership and responsibility for tasks and overcomes obstacles;
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
• Ability to set priorities for teams, negotiate to establish feasible schedules and work to deadlines;
• Attention to detail and ability to produce clear and concise reporting.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )