Technical Operations Engineer
Our client is actively looking for a technical Operations Engineer to provide robust technical skills across a broad range of IT disciplines. You are a self-starter who can manage multiple requirements in an Agile environment from diverse engineering teams to ensure successful completion of projects and resolution of issues.
* Provide guidance to development teams on a daily basis around operational best practice, AWS architecture and network infrastructure.
* Manage multiple technical projects from diverse teams across multiple time zones.
* Provide on-call support for outages and emergencies relating to the Borderfree Retail platform.
* Manage complex network infrastructure across multiple datacenters and geographies.
As a Technical Operations Engineer, you have:
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP including routing & load balancing.
* Exposure to AWS in an operational role for at least one production solution.
* Knowledge of scripting and automation (bash, ansible, cloudformations)
* Strong Linux knowledge in a hosting environment
* Strong troubleshooting skills and a logical mind.
* An understanding of 'DevOps' best practices and standards (ephemerality, infrastructure as code, the need for automation)
* Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL DB's (Oracle, Mongo, Couch, MySQL etc.)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.