Exciting opportunity available at Saolta University Health Care Group
The Saolta Health Care Group are implementing a Group-wide Patient Administration System (iPMS) with a single patient index (including Acute and Community index) to replace/upgrade the four current PAS systems that are in place. This is required to supports the Groups and CHO1&2 (Community Health Organisations West and North West) clinical, business and IT strategies and will form the basis for future ICT developments. This is an exciting project and is the Groups priority ICT project.
The ICT Project Manager will coordinate the IT effort including Data Migration and clean-up, Interfacing to third party systems etc. and work closely with the Business Lead Project Manager. Together the ICT and Business Project Managers will be responsible for delivering the project.
The post holder will work closely with the HSE Office of CIO, DXC (vendor), third parties on integration/interfacing and local staff from Saolta and CHO1&2.
Initial vacancy is specified purpose contract for two years. A panel may be created from this campaign from which permanent and specified purpose vacancies of full-time or part-time duration may be filled.
Informal enquiries to Martin Molloy, Information Services Manager, University Hospital Galway, Saolta University Health Care Group via Email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 12 noon on 12th June 2018.
Candidates must have at the closing date:
- Significant experience of implementing and managing change including a strong delivery record in ICT enabled changed projects and
- Significant experience working in a Health Care IT department supporting patient based information systems or electronic health care records and
- Relevant experience in the implementation of IT based systems or in the use of formal project management methodologies and
- Experience of working collaboratively with senior level internal and external stakeholders within an organisation as relevant to this role and
- Project management experience specifically in the management and deployment of software applications and
- Experience of finance and resource management and
- Experience of leading and managing staff and
- The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.