Middleware Engineer – Permanent, South Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to going one of the world’s largest financial services company. Our client is going through a massive expansion & looking to add to their existing Integration Technology Team
Automation Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a mixture of supporting existing application environments, as well as designing and building new application environments for upcoming company initiatives. You will also have a strong passion for developing new and innovate solutions to existing problems, and desire to constantly improve the services we provide to the organization. Finally, and most importantly, they will be expected to have a strong drive and aptitude towards automation.
- Designing / implementing/ automation procedures for configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications.
- Install, configure and maintain JBoss EAP, AMQ on Redhat Linux
- Install, configure and maintain Apache web server
- Understanding of the JVM and how it operates; i.e. Garbage Collection, Tuning, etc
- Documentation, creating and updating Visio for the supported Applications
- Working Closely with Development, Network and other teams to understand the Application requirements and design, implement and support the Application
What you need:
- In-depth experience with Linux and/or Unix operating systems.
- Experience with a J2EE platform; i.e. WebSphere, JBOSS, or Tomcat and Messaging platform; i.e. Tibco, Fuse, or AMQ.
- Knowledge load-balancers such as Netscalers or F5
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of configuration management concepts and tools
- Experience designing and building JBOSS EAP 6+ (AS7+) environments
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience with Rundeck, Ansible, Jenkins, or a relatable job automation tool.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary of €85,000-€95,000 D.O.E
- Competitive package including: Insurance & Pension
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O’Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.