itContracting are seeking applications for a VMware Architect, this is a permanent position with our client in Cork.
* Responsible for implementing, upgrading and maintaining ESX infrastructure.
* Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning of availability and operations handovers takes place for all new services.
* Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built including but not limited to VMware Platform.
* Alongside the usual ESX engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
* Work with stake holders and customers to understand ESX utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
* Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns. The company operates 24x7 services and this role may be required to support out of office hours emergency support, routine maintenance, and customer services opening hours. Travel may also be required with country and across the EMEA region.
* Deliver high levels of customer service at all times
* 5+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
* 2+ Years prior experience in providing architect/subject matter expertise
* 4 years + experience of VMWare VSphere, HA, DRS, VCentre
* Very good experience with Samba and NFS
* Failover Clustering
* PowerShell - ability to write scripts and automate tasks
* Windows Server 2008-16
* Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
* Extensive project management and delivery
* Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
* Extensive experience of design leadership - ideally with enterprise systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
* The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
* Experience supporting hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI)
* VCP 5 Certification
* Knowledge/practical application of agile methods.
For more information please apply here or contact Brian Coss ( +353 1526 7738 or brian dot coss at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.