itContracting are currently considering applications for a Network Support Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Limerick.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis, and application delivery. Technical support is delivered by phone, email and through remote screen sharing tools using a variety of troubleshooting tools and techniques. Engineers are required to follow through on technical issues until they are resolved.
All engineers are required to provide professional written and verbal communication to customers within expected service level response times.
* Independently provide Tier 1 - Tier 3 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on LoadMaster devices. Using: application protocols including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP, and tools such as VMware, Xen or Hyper-V virtualization environments.
* Appropriately, effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to internal departments and external customers.
* Generate clear and concise internal documentation in the form of case notes and technical notes.
* Maintain and improve excellent customer support.
* Participate in an on-call Rota.
* Expert technical knowledge of TCP/IP, including such topics as HTTP headers, OSI layers and TCP flags/parameters.
* Demonstrated experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies.
* Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology.
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
* Must be able to collaborate with others and work well in a team.
* Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
* Ability to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
* In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP.
* Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
* Layered Networking.
* Demonstrated experience and expert-level knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.).
* BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Support experience with corporate customers in production environments.
* Knowledge in at least one of the following web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS).
* Intermediate-level knowledge of SSL.
* Intermediate-level knowledge of DNS.
* Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Lync experience is desirable.
* Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP are advantageous but not required.
* Associate Technical Competency Program.
* Second European Language would be a distinct advantage
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 21 2313096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.