Our client is looking for a senior software developer to help them develop and deliver business critical projects for their customers using agile methodologies.
Reporting into one of the technical leads, this will be a key hands-on software delivery role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. As a senior software engineer, you will primarily be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code. As this will involve close, daily interaction within the context of an agile team, your communication and people skills will need to be superb.
This role will provide a huge learning opportunity for the right candidate and would be an ideal next step for a developer looking to take their career to the next level.
* Actively contribute to an agile mindset and a positive working environment within the team.
* Actively participate in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
* Actively contribute to high standards of code quality personally and within the team by utilising and contributing to best-in-class development practices and habits.
* Coach and mentor less experienced developers on design patterns and development best-practices to support continued development of the team.
* Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
* Ability to communicate and solve complex problems and actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement practices.
* Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client's web-based applications.
* Development of complex and challenging client applications with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
* Production of solution design documentation in line with company standards.
* Participate actively and contribute to both great solution design and peer-to-peer code reviews.
* Champion code quality processes and help drive adoption of same within the team.
* Perform 3rd line support diagnosing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
* Provide feedback and solutions in relation to application performance considerations or usability issues during design and implementation.
* Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
* Extensive experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
* Experience with building and managing distributed web systems.
* Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.