We are looking for a number of .Net Developers for a Daily Rate roles to work at our client's offices in Galway Ireland. Contract will be an initial 6 month term with a possible extension.
The .Net Software Developer role is a key role in supporting IT Payment Solutions and leading project development activities. As a Senior .Net Software Developer you will work on the analysis, design, development and maintenance of payment solutions, according to business needs and requirements. This role includes working closely with the technical leaders within the agile scrum team to schedule project development deliverables.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Payment solutions & projects. Prioritise and delivery of all tasks assigned. Taking ownership of all work items and issues- end to end and proactive follow up.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Delivery Management on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high qualilty with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc. If issue can’t be resolved an to escalate to the next escalation contact.
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
Education & Experience
- Must have 5+ year experience working in an IT development environment
- Must have experience designing and implementing complex high-availability systems
- Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM)
- Message queuing experience using either JMS or MSMQ (or equivalent)
- Must have experience developing unit tests
- Must have proven experience creating solid designs using OO techniques and documenting the same
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.