Our client is working on building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics. We are currently looking for a candidate to join the team at the foundation of the company. This is an opportunity to be part of the leadership team that is building a new software engineering organisation from the ground up.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a high performing software development team. The successful candidate will be a role model in terms of behaviours and actions that will proactively and positively support the culture of the company.
• Contribute to the development of the software engineering organization including hiring, establishing development processes and tooling, infrastructure setup, etc
• Manage a team of software engineers at all levels, coaching them and supporting their personal and professional development
• Establish KPIs and metrics
• Become a key contributor to defining software engineering standards and best practices
• Participate in Technical and Project level governance as required
• Drive continuous improvement
• Communicate with and manage technology and business stakeholders
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to software engineers
• Provide your opinion and input on key strategic technology decisions
Skills & experience
• At least 8 years’ experience in software engineering
• At least 2 years’ experience in managing software engineering teams
• Strong employee performance management along with career development experience
• Have a strong software engineering background and extensive knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration.
• Excellent understanding of challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation.
• Strong understanding of relationship between technology and business, market and industry along with the ability to apply that knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
• Experience and understanding of Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
• DevOps processes and experience.
• Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
• Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube and Performance centre
• Familiarity with Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
• History of promoting and leading best practice in risk and compliance management
• Understanding of business and customer’s needs as well as technical challenges and solutions
• Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.