About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer,to join our growing analytics team, that is passionate about data from its clean up to storage to building predictive models. You will be surrounded by innovative people who truly believe in the company and in one another. You will also find people with an appetite for insights and where your input will be really appreciated and valued.
What will I be doing?
Working within the Analytics & Data Services team and reporting to the Head of Analytics & Data Services, the BI Developer will put the data systems and processes in place which will help our product, business and finance teams make data driven decisions and will also help grow our analytics team by ensuring we are using cutting-edge technologies and following best practices.
- Work within the analytics and data services team (Data engineers, data scientists, analysts, Product Owners & Business Managers), and external consultants, when researching and implementing new projects
- Develop BI data solutions to help product and business teams at Distilled make data driven decisions
- Ensure high performance, availability and scalability of BI solutions
- Be the gatekeeper of data integrity across the company
- Write and maintain ETLs
- Develop data warehouses and marts
- Create dashboards and reports
- Interface closely with engineering and product teams
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of experience in BI role or similar
- BS/BA or higher in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or similar technical field
- Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design), experience with Transactional Databases, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts
- Implementation and Development experience with ETL concepts and tools
- Expertise with at least one programming language (Python)
- Excellent SQL skills - Ability to write efficient SQL statements
- Solid understanding of data (small and large datasets): how to organize it, how to model it, and how to distill insights from it
- Experience creating custom reports and graphics
- Possess strong communication and client management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with an Internet-based company
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing
- AWS experience – Redshift, Data Pipeline, EC2, EMR, S3, RDS etc.
- Experience with one of more of the following BI tools: Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Proven ability of self-starting approach and/or remote working
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable with Linux and Docker
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work scheme
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job
- A great location in Wexford town
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!