About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit a Graduate iOS Developer who is based out of Wexford / Waterford and who is up-to-date with developing modern native iOS applications, has a passion for creating great mobile experiences and will thrive in a fun, fast paced, challenging environment to join it’s highly experienced Technical Team.
This is more than a technical role, you will contribute to the overall product development effort. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features.
You’ll be part of one of our cross functional product delivery teams and work closely with designers, product owners, quality engineers, and multi disciplined developers.
What will I be doing?
Mobile Developers are an essential part of the Distilled Product Delivery Teams. Working closely with designers and product, we implement new features within all of our mobile apps. We make the most of modern technologies like Swift, Autolayout and Fastlane.
As a Graduate Mobile Developer at Distilled you will:
- Build and maintain core features for the Distilled mobile applications
- Work effectively in agile, cross functional delivery teams
- Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- Provide support for our CS and Quality teams
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and techniques in software development
What skills do I need?
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Be familiar with the iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective C or Swift
- Experience with xCode and Interface Builder (using Autolayout)
- Be comfortable working with RESTful API’s
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience in source control (Git, SVN)
- Familiarity with the Android SDK
- Scrum Agile Framework
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Fastlane)
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.