About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer to join our Platform Team. The successful candidate must have a passion for creating great software and will thrive in a fun, fast paced and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and help build some of the most well known and visited websites in the country. You’ll get to use your experience to develop our engineering process, influence decisions when building new features and ensure the scalability and availability of the entire platform.
This is more than a technical role, as you will also be contributing to the overall product development. You’ll be part of one of our cross functional product delivery teams and work closely with designers, product owners, quality engineers and other developers. We encourage everyone for their input and rely on people’s experience to further improve our process.
What will I be doing?
Platform Engineers at Distilled SCH build the core back-end systems to support our different products, websites and apps. We strive to use the best technologies for a job and are continuously upgrading our technology stack.
Here’s just some of the things you’ll work on as a Senior Platform Engineer at Distilled SCH:
- Build and maintain features and products for our core platforms
- Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- Be an advocate for coding best practices within the team
- Develop REST based APIs to support the client teams
- Work with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team
- Work closely with our Product, Client and Quality teams
What skills do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge of Java and Object Oriented design principles
- Experience working with the Spring Framework, Tomcat and Hibernate or similar technologies
- Strong knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MongoDB
- Very experienced working with and building RESTful APIs and Web services
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who is comfortable working on their own initiative and managing their time effectively
- Have a strong background in Agile Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
- A bonus for having knowledge of and worked with
- AWS cloud services
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.