Our client makes connectivity simple. Since our foundation over 14 years ago in Dublin they have grown from strength to strength by providing simple, secure and scalable connectivity for our customers and partners. With operations across the globe, established partnerships with over 20 of the world's largest mobile providers as well as 1000's of end-users from a variety of industries, we are a company on the move.
We value teamwork, innovation and people who go the extra mile. These values have been the foundation of our success and will drive further growth as we enter a hugely exciting time for our organisation.
As an Operational DBA Engineer, within the Deployment Services Team, you will work within the SRE team who are responsible for the deployment, continuous improvement, maintenance and support of the Cloud platform, network and systems infrastructure. We are looking for an engineer who will actively engage in company operations and has a great passion for new technologies and tackling system problems.
You will be reporting to the SRE Manager. This role is based in Dublin 2, Ireland.
* Managing the data platform within the production and pre-production environments
* Constantly look for improvements for any platform or resourcing constraints through automation and new technologies
* Troubleshoot and support customer and platform related issues
* Attend stand-up meetings and collaborate with peers to delivery company/customer business requirements
* Ensuring platform security and reliability
* Performance tuning
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or an equivalent level of technical knowledge required
* 3+ years' experience working with MySQL/SQL ands on experience with SQL Server 2014
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Good troubleshooting skills required
* Working knowledge of Windows and Linux System Administration in a complex data centre environment
* Experience with Monitoring - Zabbix, DataDog, Grafana, Nagios
* Additional infrastructure, coding, monitoring skills
* Willingness to learn new technologies
* Ability to understand virtual cloud architectures and layered application and database services
* Ability to work well on your own and within a team
* Ability to consult with engineering teams in a cross-team environment
* Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures
* Experience working within a structured ITIL / ISO27001 IT Service Management environment
* Any experience with Hadoop ecosystem and technologies such as Impala, hdfs, Kafka, Spark is an advantage